How to wash a graphic t-shirt?
Washing a high quality graphic t-shirt can be a little different than washing one of your Fruit Of The Loom plain white t-shirts! Sometimes a little special care and instruction will help keep that great looking funny graphic t-shirt looking good much longer than just throwing it into the washing machine with a pair of jeans!
Maybe you have a grey shirt and it has black lettering and you know the black lettering fades when you wash it. Is there any way to prevent that? Or maybe a funny white t-shirt with some great colored graphics on the front and you don’t want them to fade. Here is what you can you do to save your favorite funny graphic t-shirt?
- Not completely but depending on how dirty it is, you can prolong it. Follow these steps when you wash a graphic t-shirt.
- If you have to machine wash it, turn it inside out when u wash it to prevent the graphics beating against the agitator (the thing in the middle) and use the cold water setting and the GENTLE CYCLE! Check out our post on Hand Washing your favorite funny T-shirt Here.
- If its a very high quality graphic t-shirt or a concert t-shirt that cost you a pretty penny that you definitely want to keep around for awhile, there are detergents you can buy that are specifically made to wash a graphic t-shirt that will help your t-shirt not to fade or leech (delicates and your favorite graphic t-shirt). They are definitely worth the cost. The most popular is called Woolite. All your clothes, from everyday jeans, to your favorite t-shirt. When you need to wash your favorite graphic t-shirt, Use Woolite® to keep them looking like new!
- Also, a good idea is to air dry or hand dry your t-shirt. Your favorite graphic T-shirt can take a beating in the dryer.
How to Dry Your Graphic T-shirt
- Gently squeeze the excess water from the T-shirt. Do not twist or wring the item as it may stretch the fibers and ruin the fabric.
- On a flat surface, lay out a clean, dry white bath towel that has been laundered several times to remove lint. Lay the just-washed garment on the towel, patting it into shape. Roll up the towel, encasing the funny t-shirt in the towel. Gently press on the rolled-up towel to encourage water absorption. Repeat with another clean, dry towel if the first one becomes saturated.
- Follow the t-shirt’s label directions for reshaping and drying. If no care label exists, lay the washed garment on a clean, dry white towel spread over a flat surface that is moisture-resistant. Flip the funny t-shirt over periodically, and replace the damp towel with a dry one as needed. If the dry garment is wrinkled, check the care label for appropriate ironing temperature, and if necessary, press the garment gently to finish. If no care label exists, test in an inconspicuous area before pressing.